Tristel Duo ULT
Tristel Duo ULT is chlorine dioxide in a foam, designed specifically for the high-level disinfection of endocavity ultrasound probes. Tristel Duo offers speed, safety, efficacy and excellent material compatibility.
Tristel Duo ULT incorporates two separate compartments that contain Tristel Base solution (citric acid) and Tristel Activator solution (sodium chlorite). When mixed upon pressing the foam pump, Tristel’s proprietary chlorine dioxide chemistry is generated.
Tristel Duo ULT is CE marked as a Class IIb Medical Device.
Tristel Duo ULT is sporicidal, mycobactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal and bactericidal in 30 seconds. Chlorine dioxide has been tested in accredited laboratories worldwide and is proven effective against microorganisms of concern in ultrasound, such as:
- Acanthamoeba castellanii
- Polyomavirus SV40 (surrogate of HPV)
- Candida albicans
- Gardnerella vaginalis
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus agalactiae
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Hepatitis B Virus
- Hepatitis C Virus
- Herpes Simplex Virus
Please refer to the Resources section to view the Microbiological Efficacy Summary.
Tristel Duo ULT is designed specifically for the high-level disinfection of endocavity ultrasound probes, such as:
- Transvaginal ultrasound probes
- Transrectal ultrasound probes
Other uses include the high-level disinfection of non-invasive medical devices such as skin surface probes (including those used during invasive procedures) bladder scanners, transabdominal probes and blood pressure cuffs.
Product Options & Accessories
Tristel Duo ULT is available in two sizes:
- Six unique dual-compartment foam bottles per box. Each bottle contains 125ml Tristel Base solution and 125ml Tristel Activator solution. Each bottle provides 310 doses.
- Two unique dual-compartment wall-mounted foam bottles per box. Each bottle contains 300ml Tristel Base solution and 300ml Tristel Activator solution. Each bottle provides 750 doses. Wall-brackets are available separately.
Tristel Dry Wipes are designed specifically to apply Tristel products evenly onto a surface to be disinfected. They are made of a non-woven material and are low-linting to reduce residue of fibres on surfaces. Tristel Dry Wipes are pre-cut to prevent shedding when dispensed from the tub. The use of Tristel Dry Wipes enhances cleaning and disinfection performance by allowing effective release of the liquid disinfectant onto the surface. Wall-brackets are available for increased ease of use.